Monday, March 31, 2008

A better flash player

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=344274


TCPMP is a pretty good movie player in that its one of the only free options available for playing flash, youtube, videos on the Shadow.

The major problem I have with TCPMP is that I've never been able to fast forward or rewind a video using that player.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=344274

Mplayer, a freeware flash player has no problem rewinding or fastforwarding flash files, therefore its a much better option for Shadow users who are in the same boat as me.

I kept TCMP installed, but now when I download a .flv, flash, file I use Mplayer to view it.

Mplayer's options are pretty sparse, system volume is controlled with the Shadow's main volume controls and adjusting the volume pauses your movie until you hit play again, but unlike TCPMP, you dont seem to need to make a lot of adjustments for a file to play properly.

Streaming is supported through manually entering links. I haven't found a way to make Mplayer my standard app for opening flv, flash files yet, this would make things much easier.

I feel that this file in conjunction with a good copy/paste utility would be a great replacement for TCPMP.

this is my first full post on the Shadow, hope it works!

No comments: